Yokohama Tire has expanded its commercial lineup once more with the release of the 124R and 505C. Both all-position tires are now available in the U.S. and meet the industry’s required performance criteria for severe snow service and carry the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
The 124R radial tire is designed to keep regional pickup and delivery fleets moving all year long, said Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s senior manager of commercial product planning. The all-season tire comes in nine sizes, ranging from 17.5 to 22.5. inches.
“The 124R is built for lasting value,” Clauer said. “It delivers fleets a boost to their bottom line with longer original tread life and year-round performance. Plus, the 124R carries a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty on all 17.5-inch and 19.5-inch sizes and a seven-year warranty on all 22.5-inch sizes.”
Benefits of the 124R include:
- Year-round traction: Deep sipes provide outstanding wet and snow braking, creating traction so powerful, the 124R carries the severe snow service designation. Additionally, four wavy circumferential grooves promote even wear and offer optimal traction in the wet and snow.
- Extended tread life: An extra-wide tread promotes better dispersal of contact pressure with the road to deliver longer tread life. Also, rigid shoulder ribs step-down wear and enhance driving stability.
- Rock solid: Rock shield platforms reduce stone and debris penetration for improved casing life, durability and retreadability.
Clauer said the 505C is engineered to keep on/off-highway trucks working on the job and is offered in three sizes. “More traction, more uptime. That’s what the 505C is all about–it’s built to last,” Clauer said. “It provides fleets the longevity and durability needed to lift their profit margins."
The 505C carries a six-year three retread casing warranty.
Benefits of the 505C, which replaces the MY507A, include:
- Long original tread life. A new tread pattern increases traction, while a special anti-chip tread compound strengthens on/off-highway durability.
- All-weather grip: Wide blocks and ribs provide outstanding traction in mud and snow. Wide circumferential grooves efficiently evacuate water from beneath the tread for powerful braking, and wavy lateral grooves are precisely engineered to deliver additional wet traction.
- Built to last: funnel-shaped step grooves prevent stones and other debris from reaching the bottom of the groove where casing damage can occur. Additionally, high-strength belt construction enhances durability in off-highway applications.