Volvo Trucks North America currently has 37 certified dealers offering Volvo Blue service contracts, the company’s dealer-managed service plan that allows for more flexible preventive maintenance scheduling. This involves regular maintenance and a 74-point inspection. The company announced seven more locations will offer the uptime-increasing contracts "in the near future."
“As trucks become more technologically advanced and the value of uptime continues to increase exponentially, fleets are recognizing the value of having a dedicated, Volvo Trucks fleet manager at their local dealership to provide intelligent, data driven maintenance, on a schedule which maximizes uptime through minimizing visits to the shop,” said Peter Voorhoeve, president, Volvo Trucks North America.
Since first launching the Volvo Blue service contract, Volvo Trucks has onboarded and certified 37 dealer locations across the U.S.
- Bergey’s Truck Center – 14 locations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland
- Nextran Truck Centers – 9 locations in Missouri, Kansas, Alabama, and Florida
- Bruckner’s Truck & Equipment – 5 locations in Texas and Oklahoma
- Tri-State Truck Center – 5 locations Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee
- Affinity Truck Center – 1 location in California
- GATR Truck Center – 1 location in Iowa
- McMahon Truck Centers – 1 location in Ohio
- Vanguard Truck Centers – 1 location in Texas
Benefits of the Volvo Blue service contract include a designated fleet manager support who serves as their primary contact for all scheduled maintenance, software updates, and repair needs, as well as an individualized maintenance plan for each vehicle based on usage. Along with this, the contract allows users access to remote diagnostics and alerts, all of which allows fleets to schedule preventive maintenance well in advance with ample time to secure all required parts and resources.
Additionally, once the vehicle is in for service, those with Volvo Blue may also combine milestone visits to save time, such as a 150,000-mile valve adjustment taking place during a 120,000-mile preventive maintenance service. These services will also always include oil analysis at every oil drain.
Finally, the contract provides flexible terms for coverage between 100,000 and 600,000 miles in either 50,000 to 100,000-mile increments and financial bundling for service and maintenance costs with either truck purchase or monthly payments.