IMR Inc. announced its newest research product, the IMR Weekly Vehicle Maintenance Monitor, a tracking study that distils the latest trends in the automotive maintenance and repair landscape, on a weekly basis.
This study monitors how vehicle maintainers are approaching vehicle maintenance and repair amid the pandemic and the changing economic landscape on a near real-time basis. It documents the most important trends in vehicle maintenance and repair (both performed and delayed) as well as other vehicle maintainer behaviors, attitudes, and sentiments to help companies understand marketplace movements, give context to sales performance, and provide input for tactical or strategic actions.
Each week, subscribers will find information and trends, both nationally and regionally, covering:
- Maintainers choosing to be DIY vs DIFM
- First time DIYers
- What channels consumers are purchasing from
- How the e-retail channel compares to others
- Consumers driving more/less than the previous week
- Consumer sensitivity to price and brands
- Whether consumers are delaying maintenance and if so, choosing to be DIY/DIFM; where they intend to purchase from
- How consumers feel about shopping in-store for auto parts
- Consumer feelings toward public transportation or ride sharing
- Consumer fear of having their vehicle repaired at a shop
- Impressions on the pandemic and the nation’s economic performance
- Other economic and pandemic attitudes/opinions related to vehicle maintenance/repair
“We are excited to introduce this timely and relevant research product into the marketplace,” said Bill Thompson, CEO, IMR, Inc. “Our customers have been asking for a solution to help them stay informed on the constant changes in automotive maintenance and repair behavior, particularly as we move through the effects of the pandemic. We’re confident that this latest product is the tool they need to give them that timely market feedback.”
Weekly reports include a dashboard, key observations, and detailed charts, graphs, and trends. Reports are available for subscription at AutomotiveResearch.com.
IMR Inc. is also offering additional analytical and data solutions to accompany the Weekly Vehicle Maintenance Monitor, including:
- Custom data aggregations and custom insight reports
- Insights on parts and service trends
- Ability to add custom/proprietary survey questions to the Weekly Vehicle Maintenance Monitor to track over time or for one-time use