The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is hosting a free webinar for service technicians on Friday, January 29 at 4 PM ET entitled “Basic Transmission Hydraulics.”
Mechanics, hydraulics, and electronic controls are all merged into the modern ZF automatic transmission. Presented by Niel Speetjens of ZF Aftermarket, this webinar focuses on the hydraulic operation inside these automatic transmissions and how electronic signals are converted into hydro static pressures. This conversion tunes the transmission operation in shift quality and fuel efficiency. At the core, this is a hydraulics class that starts from the ground up, providing a better understanding of hydro statics in action.
After completing this training, the participant will be able to understand:
- Oil pump function, fluid flow, and fluid pressure build up
- Main line pressure and its regulation
- Differences between hydraulic shift valves, regulator valves, and servo valves
- Differences between pressure regulators and solenoids
- Different characteristics of pressure regulators
- Transmission oil designed to operate with transmission, torque converter, and electronic transmission controls
For more information or to register, click here.