DPL Telematics announced the AssetCommand Base Tracking System. AssetCommand Base is an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of on-road vehicles to improve productivity and safety while reducing fleet costs. The compact device tracks runtime, speed, trips, driver ID, idling, geofences, curfews, driver behavior, and service schedules while empowering managers to remotely disable their assets.
The AssetCommand Base allows managers to remotely monitor their truck and vehicle fleet accurately from an intuitive, Internet-based software package and mobile app. The telematics unit features:
- Real time location updates with historical route log. Improve dispatching and access every vehicle's location and history.
- Accident and rollover detection. Real time notifications of potential safety issues or vehicle abuse.
- Driver safety and behavior monitoring. Monitor speeding, harsh acceleration, braking, cornering, idling, and more to improve safety and prevent unnecessary wear on vehicles.
- Driver ID logging. Pair iButton or RFID Readers for Driver ID, Access Control, and Logbooking.
- Maintenance scheduling. Set reminders based on distance traveled, run hours, and calendar days to reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Internal backup battery and antenna. Small form factor for fast installation and internal power in case primary power is lost.
- Tamper Detection. Immediate text and email alerts if the unit is disconnected, reverting to internal backup battery power.
- Remote starter disable/enable. Asset immobilization for safety, theft, or nonpayment concerns.
- Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under certain assets.
- Wireless two-way communication. Activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app.
- Month to month agreement. No long-term contract, deactivate and reactivate anytime without penalty.
The AssetCommand Base has a starter disable function which allows owners to immobilize the vehicle on demand from anywhere with an Internet connection to curb theft, unsanctioned use, and other emergencies. When paired with an optional iButton or RFID Reader the device will restrict starting to only authorized operators as well as log the specific driver activities. The AssetCommand Base also monitors speed, harsh braking, rapid acceleration, cornering, and idling to improve safety and prevent unnecessary wear on vehicles.
The AssetCommand Base reports usage metrics such as runtime, odometer, idle time, movement, ignition status, and battery health. The device also has both internal antenna and backup battery, to make it easier to hide as well as alert should the primary power be lost. The platform also includes a service module for scheduling by runtime, odometer, or calendar and notifying whichever threshold is reached first. The easy-to-use solution is an effective tool to reduce service costs, maximize uptime, and eliminate manual errors.
“The market has been seeking an affordable, quick installing vehicle telematics solution with an intuitive user interface,” said Tony Nicoletti, vice president of business development at DPL Telematics. “In the AssetCommand Base, we have introduced Driver ID options along with an easy-to-use service scheduling platform to reduce potential safety hazards, accurately log usage, and reduce unnecessary vehicle wear. Additionally, customers can now map and manage their entire fleet of on-road, off-road, and unpowered assets from the same platform.”