When the work is done and it’s time to get the car back to the customer, the last thing you need is an unusually slow lift. Here are some potential causes and solutions for a lift that lowers more slowly than normal.
Possible cause: Release valve clogged
- Check the hydraulic fluid level and cleanliness. If it's contaminated and you're using automatic transmission fluid, replace and clean the entire system.
- Clean release valve in solvent and blow out with air.
- Replace with new OEM part.
Possible cause: Pressure fitting is too long
- Replace fitting with a short thread lead.
Possible cause: Cylinders are binding
- Contact customer support.
If a vehicle becomes stranded in the air after all mechanical locks have been released and you’ve followed all standard operating procedures, immediately stop using the lift, check to make sure all locking positions are secure, and contact the factory or factory-approved service center.
For more troubleshooting solutions, check out part one here.
Information provided by Bendpak.