Technicians are never the first to shy away from a little brisk weather, but with a steady stream of commercial vehicles moving in and out throughout the day, fall's arrival may lead to a much colder shop. So, it's no wonder that technicians could use a bit of help keeping warm while they work.
But making sure technicians aren't shivering in the shop isn't just a way to keep techs happy, healthy, and loyal, but is critical for efficiency as well, as Cornell University found that in colder temperatures, employee errors increased by 44%.
So, here's some of the best tools and equipment to keep technicians comfortable and comebacks low, even when winter comes to town.
The tools in this gallery include:
- M18 Propane Heater (No. 0801-20) from Milwaukee Tool
- M12 Heated Hoodie from Milwaukee Tool
- Infrared Heater, No. RH150, from Alkota Cleaning Systems
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Heated Vest from Makita USA
- maX Utility Gloves from Galeton
- Heated Safety Bomber Jacket from SureWerx
- M12 Heated TOUGHSHELL Jacket from Milwaukee Tool
- Toe Warmers from HotHands