DENSO Products and Services Americas, Inc., an affiliate of global mobility supplier DENSO Corp., expanded its PowerEdge brand of starters for the heavy-duty trucking industry. In response to customer demand, DENSO has added two new 39PE part numbers to the aftermarket line that covers more than 90% of all Class 8 trucks on the road today.
The new part numbers extend coverage to commercial trucks with Cummins ISX12 G, Volvo DD13, and Mack MP8 engines. PowerEdge’s full line of 39PE and 42PE series starters covers models built by Freightliner, International/Navistar, Kenworth, Mack, Peterbilt, Sterling, Western Star, Volvo, and Autocar.
“PowerEdge starters give companies the muscle they need to keep their trucks in motion,” said Otto Jun, product manager of DENSO Heavy Duty Product Management. “We’re delivering for our customers so they can deliver for their customers.”
DENSO uses the latest technology and materials to deliver starters that meet and exceed the power demands of today’s heavy-duty trucks. Features of the 39PE and 42PE include:
- Rugged design, powerful performance, and durability.
- Precision testing to ensure every unit meets factory-original standards.
- Over Crank Protection (OCP) continuously monitors internal temperatures to prevent thermal damage to the starter.
- Integral Magnetic Switch (IMS) reduces voltage drop and ensures the solenoid receives maximum voltage under all starting conditions (39PE).
- All units are 100% new with no core charge.
- All PE starters are backed by a one-year/unlimited miles warranty.